Friday, December 23, 2005

An ass is an ass is an ass...

The day before I saw a news report about police in Meerut beating up courting couples in Gandhi park. Now there are many things I can say about that, I could start a diatribe about the perils of moral policing or lecture about how law enforcers abuse their power or go on about the psyche of Generation Y. But I won't. Instead, all I would like to say is "Wow! THAT was stupid".

No I am not talking about POLICEWOMEN in a small town like Meerut beating up young couples when clearly police in bigger ones like Mumbai have been reprimanded for such behaviour. No I'm not even talking about publicly carrying out "Operation Majnu" (catchy ain't it?) when clearly and I mean CLEARLY police have better things to do. No sir, I am talking about the big daddy of them all, yes your favourite and mine...actually bringing a camera crew with you to do it!

Yes folks, hold on to your hats now, the elusive and rigorously demanding art of imbecility is not yet lost...

Bookmark and Share

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home